Tuesday, June 3, 2008

Just a Quick Note

Okay, I had two things happen that inspired a new necklace. First, my bead-genius sister completed a gorgeous Day of the Dead (Dia de los Muertos) necklace and then I bought a beading book that features a how-to on making a skull pin. I generally don't wear pins anymore, but I figured I could scale down the pin into a more manageable pendant. I made the three skulls out of polymer clay with only one being decorated and glossy (with Swarovsky crystal eyes). Note: My sister's design and mine look nothing alike--whew!


Here is "Dead Man's Party" necklace and earrings:





Last weekend, I spent some time shopping with my mom. I stumbled on a fantastic clearance of bunches of beads, so I stocked up. I mean, really, could I really pass up a 50 cent bargain? No. No, I couldn't. So, while my 50 cent beads sat waiting for a great project, I whipped up another necklace this afternoon. I couldn't decide if I want the title for this piece to focus on rain or dew, but either way, it's kind of drippy. I think I'll settle for "Droplets."


No comments: