Thursday, July 24, 2008

Playtime

Today, my daughters had a play date with a couple of friends while the friends' mom and I got some time to bead together. It's really nice to sit down with a fellow beader and work on a project or two. The kids were screaming and shouting and behaving, well, like kids. With beads in my hands, and a friend across the table, it's so much easier to stay calm and collected. Things changed when I finished my project. I went upstairs to find lemonade spilled on the floor, the sugar bowl raided, and the lid missing to the canister of hot chocolate mix. Momma wasn't as calm and collected at that point. I got a lot of the "I didn't do it" responses, so I guess the Ida Know ghost had struck again.


Anyway, the project I finished used the fabulous, stone, fish pendant that I mentioned long time ago. I'm really happy with it! I call it "From the Deep." The main materials I used were various pearl formations, shell, jade, and aventurine.


No comments: