Saturday, December 27, 2008

A Day Late

Moving right along, here are the four projects I promised. First is a strand of garnet chips playing off the darker striations in a dyed shell pendant. I gave this set to my mom.


This set is mostly Czech fire-polished glass in soft, pastel hues. There are some freshwater pearls and silver beads strung in for some texture. The three silver beads at the center-front of the necklace are embossed with little butterflies. The toggle closure has the same butterfly pattern. This went to my Aunt V--along with the one I showed you earlier, "South Pacific Postcard."


Next, is the one I mentioned a while back that had a working title of "Cosmos." Well, it didn't turn out as cosmic as I thought it might. There are a lot of images that come to mind making a name hard to pin down. "Between Earth and Sky" just now came to me, so that's what it shall be.


Finally, I played around with some copper wire having been given some fresh inspiration from a magazine. I hammered the wire to make it less flexible, but decided that I'd love to get a ball peen hammer (versus my tiny rubbery mallet) to add texture to these wire-workings.


That's all I have for now. I have a project that I can't wait to start. I found a Jack Skellington charm (from The Nightmare Before Christmas) that I want to make into a Y-necklace for my sister. I'd love to keep making stuff and more stuff, but I really need to use the time I have left for getting the business end of the business taken care of. I hope everyone had a wonderful Christmas! If I don't get back to you beforehand, have a fantastic New Year!

No comments: