Saturday, April 4, 2009

Bird-Day

Happy Birthday, Auntie M! Hope you had a great day!

Now I can post pictures of the birthday jewelry I gave my Auntie M this afternoon. First is a necklace and earring combo using red and amethyst glass called "Holland Spring."

This set is called "Portrait" and uses glass and acrylic beads.

Chicken update: I brought our final chick home yesterday and I'm certain she hatched the day before. She's a silkie and I'm pretty sure she's going to be a white one. Silkies are crazy looking! Marco Polo wrote about chickens with hair and it's believed that he was referring to silkies. If you don't know what I'm talking about (pbth--I don't know what I'm talking about most of the time!), check out this site for a picture http://www.mypetchicken.com/Chickens-Silkie_Bantam_White-P250.aspx. Her name is Cotton. Here's a current picture of the big girls (Cheetah decided that she needed to be more prominent in the photo, so she crowded out the two black stars, Hen and Bucket). Marshmallow is on the right.

3 comments:

Jannie Funster said...

Ah, Auntie M celebrates her birthday the same day as I do! Wonder if she had as much champagne as I did??

Sweet little chickens!

SO glad I reconnencted to your blog and that you're still here writing away!

Summer Sun said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY!! Let's see, was it 28 or 29 this year?

I'm so glad you came to visit my poultry little (uh, I mean paltry little) blog!

Anonymous said...

We had Silkies. They are a lot of fun. Ours always looked like they had big Russian winter hats on. lol.