Thursday, April 30, 2009

Got It

The bracelet I promised to get a picture of is here! I call it "Parlez-en a la Main" (literal French translation for "Talk to the Hand"). I made it using a rubber stamp on shrinky plastic and coloring and cutting it into tiles before baking.


I doubt that it's time to vote already, but I have my latest piece for submission to the Stringing magazine's design contest. The theme is "Magical Forest." I used all kinds of elements including rainforest jasper, fruit pits (trust me, I bought these as beads at the bead store), peridot, ceramic (teeny gnome beads that are just too cute!), sterling silver, pewter, Czech fire polished glass and jade. The leaves are more rubber stamped shrink plastic that I colored using alcohol inks. The clasp isn't pictured, but it is a lobster clasp that is in the form of a little bird! I call this "I Do Believe."

1 comment:

Dayna said...

The shrinky dink stamp bracelet is too cute for words!! You rock!