Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Many Goings-on Going On

Okay, I just typed out a whole paragraph detailing my newly developed addiction to Facebook and then deleted it. The basic point was that I am addicted to Facebook. Aaack!

We had a very overcast day today which I hope made for great photography. I've been a bit behind in getting shots of my latest work (but you knew that). I'll start with a project that I made a long time ago. The length of the necklace was a problem and it just wasn't a high priority piece. But, I love this necklace! So, I gave it some much needed length. You may remember "Ahoy":


For Easter, I mentioned that I was making a jewelry set that would go with a new dress. "Celtic Glow" is almost completely hand worked (the jumprings and clasp were already made). Have I told you this before? It's all copper with rose and padparadsche Swarovski crystals and fire-polished Czech glass. I absolutely love how it came out. I just learned these techniques in a great wire-working book. Ta da:


April 24th was our 10th wedding anniversary. Probably as a result from wishing we were on a tropical beach, I put together some shell and wood beads for a set called "Coastal Tokens". The long necklace doesn't have a clasp and I made the clasp (the bar anyway) for the bracelet:




I finished the bracelet for Coastal Tokens and went right on into the next project. The focal bead is a mosaic abalone piece. I used a complimenting array of Swarovski crystals to bubble up from the center. It was tricky giving this piece a name. My head was filled with dazzling images from the ocean as well as from deep space, but a name would not come. Suddenly, I pictured mountains. Great, purple mountains with treacherous crags softened by distance and a valley where a clear, cold lake resided. At this point, I have to say that I am not smoking, inhaling, drinking, snorting or in any other way consuming drugs. Hey, I'm good at daydreaming. Although, I should be night dreaming right now. Sorry, I got distracted again. Here is "Mountain Pool":


OOPS! I just realized that I forgot to get a picture of a bracelet. Rats. Tomorrow, er, later today, is supposed to be pretty rainy, so no promises. I will try though. It's off to bed for me. NOW! Um, right after I check Facebook...

2 comments:

Dayna said...

Love, love LOVE the celtic glow bracelet. And what a great photographer you are!!! Feel free to share any secrets! ;)

Summer Sun said...

Photography secrets? Hmm...an overcast day, macro setting on the camera and a little lighting adjustment on the free software from Picasa.com. Pretty basic. Oh, and a lot of shots to choose from. Thank goodness for digital cameras!!