Wednesday, April 2, 2008

Color Schemes

Okay, I promised I'd add some pictures of my ideas. I'm still working on those, but I've got some great color schemes put together.



These aren't the best photos in the world--the colors aren't as bright and sparkly as they are in person. This first one is an assortment of summertime colors in the small beads, a mix of topaz and pink in the Czech fire-polished glass beads, and a copper chain. I had thought of making some kind of choker with the pillow beads and using the round ones in a tassel-like dangle in the center. I want to do something fun that takes advantage of the lower necklines of spring and summer.





This second arrangement has a great color mix of teal, plum, rose, gold, black, and aqua in the focal beads. I thought I'd accent them with sparkly Swarovsky crystals, flourite chips and a variety of silver beads.









Finally, I just fell in love with these pastel, lucite leaves. They remind me of a hair clip I got for Easter 20+ years ago. They seemed magical or something. Unfortunately, I don't think the clip or its little lucite pieces of fruit exist anymore. So, I wanted to make something magical with these leaves. I'd like to construct a necklace similar to the arrangement shown in the picture, but it's going to take some engineering. The asymmetrical grouping of the leaves would be accented by olive and rose Swarovsky crystals and flanked by a symmetrical strand of pink and olive glass pearls. Well, that's the idea anyway.


Today is laundry day. Now that I've caught you up on what's going on in my beady brain, I'd better get to it! Hmmm, I wonder what I can put together between wash cycles...

No comments: