Friday, April 11, 2008

Potpourri

There has been a lot of stuff going on around the house this week that has kept me from posting to the blog until now. I did, however, find time to make more jewelry--usually pretty late at night.


Wednesday night, I made a necklace reminiscent of a watermelon Jolly Rancher or something. It's a combination of really bright pink and green. Surprisingly, it looks fabulous when paired with a burgundy top. I haven't made any earrings yet, but I plan to.

Here's the necklace:


Thursday, I started tinkering with a concept I discovered in a magazine. Using alcohol inks, I painted three beads made from old dominos. The inks were really expensive, but they should go a long way. The beads came out so amazing! They look like neat pieces of stone or something. After coloring them with the ink, I lined them up and stamped a fairy image across all three using a black, solvent inkpad (also expensive). After it dried, I strung them on a leather cord that I had salvaged from some other necklace. Since this one has a fairy thing going on, I think I'll call this one "Wishes." I've GOT to make a bracelet for this one!



Next up is a set that I made just today. Yesterday, Mom gave me a cream, matlasse blazer that has large, pink, green, and brown butterflies printed all over it. Of course, I didn't have anything to go with it. At first, I thought that the colors in the jacket would lend themselves to gold accents. Copper turned out to be a better choice. Here's the necklace, bracelet, and earrings:








The beads I used for this last set included unakite chips, crackled glass, and Swarovsky crystals.

I have to cut this post short...I think my husband needs to use the computer. Gee whiz. ;)

No comments: