Sunday, April 20, 2008

Where the Wild Things Are

My four-year-old daughter has really kept me hopping lately. She's at a point now where I have to be in the same room with her all the time to keep her from getting into trouble. She's poured salt and pepper all over the stairway, in drawers throughout the house and on carpet. I haven't quite figured out the fascination she has with salt. She also sampled some kerosene which prompted the first call to Poison Control I have ever had to make. She turned out just fine, but that really must have tasted nasty! A day or two later, my husband discovers a box of matches in one of the drawers in her bedroom. Fifteen minutes before our Brownie Girl Scout meeting starts (at our house), I discovered that my little "darling" has dumped two packages of seed beads all over the couch and carpet where we have our meetings. What is going on with this girl??

Anyhoo, that's why I haven't been posting anything. I can't sit at the computer for any length of time without something bad happening. She's taking a nap right now plus Daddy's home. I was able to snatch some time every now and then to work on a new jewelry project. I had everything I needed loaded on a storage tote lid and carried it around the house with me as I followed my imp/daughter. I did take an "in progress" picture with the intention of posting sooner than this. This necklace and earring set uses the glass rectangle beads and copper chain that I showed you earlier. I call it "Wildflowers."

Necklace in the making:


Completed necklace (about 20"):



Earrings:



I hope that despite this latest delay to get something posted, you will keep coming back to see what's new. I'm still in the process of starting up my SummerSun Jewelry business, so I don't have anything to show on my official website. I need to get my business licensed, registered, and all that legal stuff. I'll be setting up a PO box this week too, I hope. I attended a Small Business Association workshop last Friday and learned a grim statistic: 50% of all new business ventures fail. Eww. I'll be working hard to avoid becoming part of that statistic. If you ever see something here that you are really interested in, just drop me a line and let me know. I can hold it for you until I'm "legal".

No comments: