Sunday, February 15, 2009

Elemental Design

Thanks for your votes for the last design challenge I participated in, but I got outvoted anyway. Not to be discouraged, I'm going to enter into the current Stringing magazine challenge called "Elemental, My Dear." The deadline for submissions is February 25th and the voting won't start until March sometime. I'm sure I'll be getting into my campaign mode really soon, so beware! I made this necklace and earring set yesterday after I was hit with inspiration from an old Deep Purple song, "Smoke On The Water." You know, smooooke on the waaater...fire in the sky-y.... Is that not perfectly elemental? This necklace is made from blue-dyed nuts (or the nut husks), red agate and glass. This probably won't be the photo I use for my submission, but I really needed something to put on the blog!



I have an aquamarine project in the works right now. It's a special request for a March birthday gift. I have the beginnings of a super-cute cuff bracelet, but I'm afraid it might be too "chunky" for the recipient. I've got to toy with some other ideas unless I fall asleep with my bead tray on my lap again. snxxxxzzz

No comments: