Sunday, February 8, 2009

It's Official!

Saturday was the day I opened SummerSun Jewelry as an official business! Woo-hoo! I think the hard part is over. I've got my fingers crossed on that, though. My super-wonderful MaMa managed to avoid losing hair over hosting the celebration in her house, my fantabulous aunts (V and M) catered incredibly, wonderful treats, and many supportive friends came! Of course, I heard from several very supportive friends who just weren't able to come and I love them too! :) I told my hubby what my ticket sales were and I got a thumbs up. What better sign of support can ya get from a guy??

So, now what? Well, there's all that housework that's been neglected lately in the effort to take the website live. I did get the Christmas yard decorations put away today. They were already down and in hiding but they still needed to make the trek to the basement. The kitchen got cleaned and my huge pot of birthday tulips (thanks, qd!) moved to center stage on the kitchen table. They're so purrrdy! So, I did some of the critical stuff today but there's just sooo much more. Bleh. I know there's an easy answer to house cleaning, but I'm no arsonist!!

After all the mundane rituals of household hygiene are completed, I can go back to making MORE JEWELRY! YEEEAH!

Oh, I (for some dorky reason) didn't remember to bring my camera to the grand opening. Other brilliant people did bring theirs though, so whenever I can swipe their pics, I'll get them posted. Thanks to everyone for your encouragement and support!

No comments: