Saturday, March 7, 2009

Glass In Gear

Yay! I successfully fused my first piece of glass art last night. It even came out pretty. I only shed a teeny drop of blood over the whole project when a glass splinter caught my finger. But, it's not on the piece because I promised that it would be blood-free. I think I may have fired it on the wrong side of the kiln paper because the back is fairly rough. The corners are super sharp too (towards the underside). I have to figure out how to fix that before I can turn it into a pendant. And guess what? I actually have a picture of it!
So, do you think people would be interested in buying jewelry with my handmade pendants like this? This is not an inexpensive venture. Artsy glass is pricey. I used four different kinds on the piece above: opal (yellow background), confetti (green and blue), stringer (blue bar), and millefiori (flower dots). I got a small sampling of dichroic with my kiln kit, but I didn't want to use that for my first experiment. Let me know what you think...PLEEEEZE!
On a completely unrelated topic, do any of you have urban chickens?

No comments: