Wednesday, March 4, 2009

Mama's Got a Brand New Toy

Okay, I'm an impulse shopper. I can't seem to buy beads online very well because I don't plan what I'm going to make. I see the array of beads and things in front of me and ideas start to formulate. The only thing that I'm getting better at is avoiding going to the bead stores without a purpose. I may not have a design in mind, but I may have a color scheme or a certain person or something like that. Tonight, I went shopping for something blue and on sale at the local hobby shop. I found some great stuff and then I wandered into a different aisle. Shuldna dun that. I had a 40% off coupon and used it for a beginner's glass fusing kit.


I just got the girls to bed and started opening the kit. As I pulled out the hot mitts (gloves), it dawned on me just how crazy I am. Am I insane?! I can't keep my girls out of anything I own and now I have a box of rainbow colored glass shards and a nifty little glass cutter just begging to cut somebody's hand open. Well, nobody but me has seen the box's contents. I think that, before I go to bed, the box will be spirited away and it's existance will only be a rumor. But hey, you may get to see some pretty funky glass creations soon! That's always thrilling. I promise they'll be blood-free.
I am sooo sorry. I posted a new necklace set straight to my website without first posting it here. Don't feel cheated, please! On the bright side, there's a necklace and earring set (Droplets) that was posted here eons ago that just today made it to the website. Turns out that one of its earrings pulled a disappearing act on me and I had to make a replacement after giving up on the hunt. Here's the new set made with aqua-colored quartz (March's birthstone is aquamarine) called "Tides of March":


I also have my aunts' birthdays coming up. One is this Saturday and the other is in the first part of April. Guess what they're getting? Dang, you're good. I'll post pictures of the gifts after they've been given. I'm really excited!
Today is also somebody's birthday. My sweet, hairy, boy, Basil. Um, he's my dog. He turned seven today! He's such a sweetie. He got a shower yesterday with a new dog shower doohickey and a humongo edible bone today. I think the bone was about 10-12" long. It was gone in about 20 minutes.
Happy Birthday, Sweet-Basil-Boo!

No comments: