Saturday, March 7, 2009

Happy Birthday

Happy Birthday, Auntie V! I hope it was a great day today!
Okay, I promised that I would post pictures of the birthday gifts as they were given. Here is my Aunt V's present in dark blues:
It's called "Delft" and it contains blueberry quartz (actually a neat name for blue-colored glass made to simulate quartz), blue-dyed mother-of-pearl, and porcelain. It's the small, porcelain beads that led to the name. Also helping out in the naming are a set of Delftware eggcups that my parents brought back for me some time ago from a trip to Holland. They're a lovely china depicting (in blue) scenes of windmills and organic designs.
I mentioned another entry I made into a design challenge. Well, according to the last issue of Stringing magazine, voting for this challenge was supposed to open on March 6. When I visited the web site this morning, voting links were still not available. Of course, the spring issue of the magazine was supposed to be out February 24th, and I still haven't seen it on the stands. What happened? I'll keep you posted. I mean, of course you're going to want to vote for me, right??
Storms are rolling through every once in a while right now, so I'd better get off the 'puter before it gets fried.

No comments: