Thursday, March 26, 2009

Latest Endeavors

Here is the finished piece that started out to be a stiff, heavy-looking strand of lapis jasper (I think I called it agate before which wasn't correct). Lapis jasper isn't a natural color; it's dyed. This necklace is called "Illumination" because it reminds me of the color and flourishes seen in illuminated Bibles. Should "illuminated" be capitalized in this instance? I like the way the photo came out.


Below is the "necklace of the month" for April. For each newsletter I make, I want to feature that month's birthstone in a piece of jewelry. Well, April's stone is the diamond. We all know that I can't afford diamonds, so giving the impression of diamonds being present became critical. My focal piece is a big, plastic button placed off-center. The rest of the components are velvet beads, glass rondelles, metal beadcaps, an assortment of small, glass beads and a metal chain. I think it has a great vintage look to it (aside from the chain). I had lots of names for this like, "New Money", "Play Money", "Molly Brown", "Deco-Rate", "Le Faux", "Rags to Riches", "Nora's Night Out", and probably some others that slipped my mind for the moment. I think "Le Faux" is my favorite. I'll take suggestions though!


If you are a SummerSunJewelry.com subscriber, look in your inbox soon--I have everything I need for my newsletter now!

No comments: